Hunting for Something?

Saturday, February 4, 2017

My Dragon Knuckle Beef Jerky Diet


Let's get this out of the way right now: I'm not a dietician.

But I'm over forty and overweight. Not too much. I could stand to drop 10 or 20 pounds. I work out and am a vigorous dude, but I'd like to be a little leaner.

My Gorgeous Illustrator would agree.

So recently I looked into changing my diet. I needed to find something I could live with. Because fat and happy is better than slim and miserable, right?

Carbohydrates.

After some reading and research, I realize carbs are the enemy. The good news about a Low Carb/Paleo/Keto diet (or whatever you want to call it) is meat is not a problem.

Lean is better but meat is not bad.

We can do this.

I've seen Low Carb diet lists that include cheese, bacon, pork rinds (pork rinds!) and beef jerky. I don't believe the pork rinds are a healthy choice and think most store-bought jerky must contain some artificial crap.

So, Meat and Vegetables Right?

That I can handle. Eat eggs in the morning rather than cereal. Ditch pasta, rice and potatoes in favor of more vegetables.

But keep the meat.

Entirely possible.

So when I get home from the gym and need something easy to chomp on, I reach for homemade beef jerky.

How do I make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment